Wednesday Evening Trauma Support Group
This group runs for six sessions, fortnightly. Two therapists look after and guide the group through a number of themes common to individuals struggling with a legacy of complex trauma. Themes include:
- 22nd July – Experiences with disclosure
- 5th August – Understanding the internal split between my ‘Going on with Normal life’ self and my Traumatised self.
- 19th August – Physical Manifestation of trauma – where and how does it live in my body?
- 2nd September – Shame and Guilt – how do these impact me in my present life and what can I do to navigate them?
- 16th September – Revictimisation – Who do I let in my life? Letting go of those who can’t support my journey forward
- 30th September – Survivor Missions – Creating Meaning…Where to from here?
Individuals will meet in a safe, supportive environment that allows space for reflection and validation. Due to the current situation with COVID19, we will be running the first few sessions via Zoom, and if regulations allow us we will then move to in person group sessions at the Birchtree group centre for the remainder of the sessions. It is well documented that reconnection and finding commonality with others are integral parts of recovery. This group enables participants to connect with others who have had similar histories, while making sense of their own experiences.
All participants are required to have access to a individual clinician (not necessarily one at the Birchtree Centre).