This Masterclass will provide an introduction to Polyvagal Theory drawing on the work of Stephen Porges and Deb Dana.
Together we will explore how knowledge of our clients, and our own, nervous systems assist in:
- Providing a ‘hope filled road map’ to work with ANS activation and build autonomic flexibility
- Depathologising reactions and thus decreasing shame
- Understanding how and why clients move through cycles of mobilisation or shut down
- Building safety and opportunities for connection
- Accessing the ANS state as a regulating resource
- Understanding and effectively responding to the emotional and physiological presentations of PTSD and CPTSD
- Making sense of a client’s history through the adaptations their ANS has made over the years
- Regulating our own ANS, such that it can be a resource for settling a client’s mobilised or immobilised state.
Date: 11th November 2021
Due to recent feedback, this training will be delivered online via zoom.
Students and registrars are eligible for discounts. Please contact email@example.com.