Surviving the Impact of growing up with a Narcissistic Caregiver
Many survivors of complex trauma describe growing up with Narcissistic Caregivers. The emotional temperature of their house was controlled at all times by the Narcissist. Unfortunately, children who grow up with a narcissistic caregiver frequently have their distress unnoticed, untreated and unassisted. Most arrive in adulthood feeling that something is deeply wrong, often struggling with depression, anxiety, low self-esteem and difficulties within their intimate relationships. All too often these experiences remain disconnected from their life within their family growing up.
Birchtree’s Masterclass will explore the legacy of living with a Narcissistic Caregiver.
Topics covered include:
- Trauma of Omission –Narcissism and trauma
- Three Types of Narcissism
- Neurobiology of Narcissism
- Narcissistic Supply and Narcissistic Wounds
- Impact of Narcissism on a family system
- Managing the Narcissistic Parent now you’re an adult
Additional resources, podcasts and books will be provided for those wishing to learn more on the subject!
Date: 4th May 2021
This workshop will be held online.